Fancy Birthday

I just celebrated a birthday, it was the 6th anniversary of my 29th birthday!  How about that?!  Well, I'm not feeling too bad about being smack in the middle of my mid-thirties, especially since the oh-so-sweet 19 year old worker girl at "Game Stop" informed my husband and I yesterday that we are going to be "hot" old people.  YEEEESSSS!  Life is full of little victories...... 

Another victory is that I have an amazing husband that totally gets me, and my obsession/fascination/appreciation for really really good food.  He surprised me with dinner at the..... drum roll please.... Salish Lodge!  For those of you unfamiliar with the Salish, it is a beautiful northwest lodge that sits just above Snoqualmie Falls, in Snoqualmie, WA and it is very fancy (in the style of "northwest fancy", not like NY fancy).  He reserved a window table, and arranged for rose petals, and a rose to be placed at the table upon our arrival.  So sweet. 

There was a newly engaged couple sitting behind us, and I really wanted to be like "wish you had a window seat, huh? And roses? My hubby is better than your new hubby... "  Just to brag about my awesome other half. 
So I ordered Snoqualmie wine (so fitting for the occasion, and it also is the wine we had on our first official "date"), and we got the menu:

http://www.salishlodge.com/assets/PDF/salish_diningroom_dinner.pdf

I ordered the Roasted Beet Salad:


Mark ordered the Washington Apple and Chestnut Bisque:


I had the Anderson Farms Oregon Lamb Loin:


Mark had the Fennel Pollen Dusted Halibut:


The fabulous food, the service, the atmosphere, the sunset, the company, all of it added up to the most special birthday dinner I have ever had. 



“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”


-Virginia Woolf














Comments

  1. What an AWESOME HUSBAND! Mark, you rock!! The food looks great... I'll have to go there sometime! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend cooking challenge #1

Spring Has Sprung!

Time for the Cork